Here are the 20 things I love as I move into 2020….no particular order, just where my heart is right now!
- Camping – I love being outside, waking up in nature, and a good campfire!
- Cooking – I enjoy preparing a meal…not the 20 minutes to get something on the table or eat in the car kinda meal, but spending time in the kitchen creating something good for my family.
- Cookbooks – On that note, I LOVE cookbooks, they are my favorite reading material!
- My home – it is cozy, warm, friendly, homey, and truly feels like our sanctuary from the outside world…a soft, safe place to recharge.
- Who I share my home with – They make my life a bundle of fun and I get tremendous satisfaction out of caring for them.
- My dog, Oaklie – she is forever in a good mood, brings a light and energy to our home that is tangible and felt by everyone.
- Instagram – I love capturing photos and having a place to share them with family and friends.
- Chatbooks – On the Instagram note, I must also throw in Chatbooks, I love having a way to take my Insta photos and create an instant scrapbook!
- Working out – I haven’t loved this in the past, but in 2019 I started lifting weights and doing metabolic conditioning and I truly enjoy it, I feel stronger, leaner, and more confident….doesn’t hurt that I’m doing it with a great tribe of women!
- Being out on the water – specifically Lake Powell, a lake surrounded by red rock in southern Utah.
- Writing – I love to journal by making lists, I make lists of what makes me happy, things I enjoy about my home, what I thoroughly enjoy about each of my kids and my hubs, house projects, you name it, I write it down….I have a beautiful notebook to keep it all in.
- Good Calendar – I really enjoy my Happy Planner, it has great color, design, stickers, and good energy.
- Parenting – I love parenting, the good and the bad…I also enjoy talking about it with others, hearing advice from others, offering advise, talking strategies, etc.
- Good Magazine – I love reading magazines, here are few of my favs, This Old House, The Cottage Journal, and Country Living
- Gardening, Plants, and Landscape – Nothing is more fulfilling than getting my hands dirty, planting, or outdoor projects.
- Home Projects -Being handy is a skill that my Dad taught me, he taught me basic plumbing, electrical, woodworking, tile work and home maintenance. There is such a sense of accomplishment in creating or fixing something with my own hands.
- Podcasts – I LOVE podcasts that incorporate life coaching, provoke thought and feeling. One of my all time favs, Better Than Happy
- Quotes – Words that evoke emotion.
- Home Decor – Using found things, new things, re-invented things to create a space I love.
- Gathering with Friends – Whether it is a casual driveway party on Halloween or a dinner party with candles…..good people feed my soul.
Take a few minutes to reflect and create your own list of the 20 things that make you happy and that you are loving right now. I hope your list warms your heart!
Happy Happy Happy 2020,